Friday, October 22, 2010

Confessions of a Runaway Prophet


An excerpt from Confessions of a Runaway Prophet
The Gift I Almost Missed Out On
By Rachel Elwood, Support Staff
November/December 2010

Hi, my name is Jonah, and I’m a runaway prophet.

I’ve done a lot of dumb things in my life, many of which are chronicled in great detail in a little book you might have heard of. Yeah, it begins with me high-tailing it away from my calling and ends with me getting the scolding of my life from the Almighty.

And I’m here today to tell you not to be like me. Sure, I got the job done, but I was a piece of work, let me tell you. (And I wish I could have gotten it done without having to spend a long weekend in the belly of a whale!)

ACT: Read the book of Jonah, and then look up the places in the New Testament where Jesus mentions him: Matthew 12:38-45 and Luke 11:29-32. Meditate on how God used this reluctant man for His glory.

Read more of this story at www.wgm.org/call during the months of this issue.

No comments: