Monday, October 18, 2010

Bigger Than Us



An excerpt from Bigger Than Us
Good Things Come in Small Packages!
By Laura Nelsen, Work Team Member
November/December 2010

Five months later, I was across the aisle from Shelly on another plane ride, this time to Kenya and to a little boy named Jesse. It always amazes me that the most beautiful experiences in life are orchestrated by God, not by me. All He requires of us is to listen and obey Him. God says this perfectly in Zechariah 4:6 (NIV), “Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit.”

It turns out that by listening to God’s simple request on the plane to Florida, I have been able to connect other people to Kenya. I love how God works. One of my best friends from college needed to fulfill an intercultural nursing requirement for school, so I told her about Kenya. She went in May, and now our friendship is even stronger as we share a love for the Kenyan people.

Our God has amazing plans for all of our lives. If we are in tune with His Spirit, He can take us to places that we could never even dream of. Listen for Him today. Let Him guide you to life-changing experiences or to people who need to hear from Him through you.

MORE: Learn more about the work at the Africa Gospel Church Baby Center at www.agcbabycenter.org.

ACT: To plan your own trip to Kenya, contact Noritta Carter at workteam@wgm.org.

No comments: