An excerpt from Discover Missions
October - December 2012
Here are some of the ways you can be involved with World Gospel Mission. Choose the option that best fits your current status.
- I would like to represent WGM in my hometown for six months to a year. If you have a passion for making a difference in your local community, become involved in the Advance Volunteer Network. Contact Kristina Gleason at 765.671.7227 or visit www.wgm.org/avn.
- I am a college student wanting to gain professional experience. Do you need an internship for college credit? Use your skills for missions. WGM offers internships in graphic design, writing, marketing, and Web design. Contact Kristi Crisp at email@example.com or visitwww.wgm.org/internships.
- I am willing to donate only $30 a year to help WGM missionaries in their times of need. The Minutemen/Minutewomen program is for you! You will receive a maximum of three appeals each year, highlighting urgent needs from WGM fields of service. We ask that you send in a minimum of $10 for each appeal. To join, contact Bill Bucher at 765.671.7217 or visit www.wgm.org/mwv.
- I am an adult willing to serve three years or more. Through the Missionary Discipleship Program, called individuals become full-time missionaries with WGM. The program consists of one year of fundraising, training, and orientation and two years of field service. Contact Jared Gleason at 765.671.7226 or visit www.gowgm.org/md.
- We are a family committed to serving for a week. WGM teams are custom-fit to you and your group. Family teams are designed specifically for parents and children to travel together and experience missions as a unit. Several families can even join forces to form a team, allowing all ages to experience the joy of serving God on the mission field. Contact Noritta Carter at 765.671.7204 or visit www.gowgm.org/teams.
- I am 29 years old or younger and willing to serve at least six weeks. As a Volunteer In Action participant, you can serve in almost any type of ministry. You can also earn internship credit through your VIA experience. Contact Kristina Gleason at 765.671.7227 or visitwww.gowgm.org/via.
- I am over 30 and prepared to serve four weeks or more. The Missionary Volunteer Partner program is designed to give you a taste of missionary life. You’ll work side-by-side with missionaries and nationals, getting involved with established ministries and discovering new ones. Contact Kristina Gleason at 765.671.7227 or visit www.gowgm.org/mvp.