Friday, January 14, 2011

Next Steps


An excerpt from Next Steps
By April Hershberger, Kenya
January–March 2011

Are you wondering what God has in store for you next? Last year I was wondering this same thing. I was praying about what God wanted me to do, whether it was another short-term trip or something more long term in nature.

For years I have known that God gave me a passion for orphans, especially those in Africa. My VIA experience gave me the opportunity to see how I could use my God-given gifts, skills, and passions on the mission field on a daily basis to help the missionaries who already work there. During my time there, God opened my eyes to the new possibilities for my future, and I am now in the Missionary Discipleship Program.

God wants to use and challenge all of us in new and exciting ways. We just have to be open and willing. The VIA program is a great way to experience missions. This experience allows you to bring your skills and gifts to the mission field to work alongside missionaries and nationals from six weeks up to a year.

Could serving abroad be the next step God has in store for you? Just think about where God could take you in 2011!

ACT: Are you willing to serve six weeks to a year on the mission field? The VIA program may be the way for you to serve. Click www.wgm.org/via to learn more.

No comments: