Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Be In The World


An excerpt from Be in the World
By Brad Carter, Spain
January–March 2011

I recently had an opportunity of a lifetime. I was invited to go to Hollywood, California, to be the director of photography in the production of a feature-length film. Along the way, I would spend time with a number of people who had very different outlooks on life than I do. Should I turn down this opportunity simply because I would not be working with other Christians?

As followers of Christ, we have a responsibility to get to know the people who share this world with us. I was blessed to have an amazing opportunity to spend a month with people from very diverse backgrounds. But I also have those chances here in Kansas City, as my wife and I prepare to move to Spain. We have become more intentional in spending more time with our neighbors, our coworkers, and other acquaintances. Some of these people follow Christ; others do not. But by eating with them, spending time with them, and loving them, we are able to give them the opportunity to see Christ in us.

No comments: