Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Concert of Prayer: Ready for the show?

It's coming. We are less than a week away. Are you ready?

I am feeling nervous, excited, and challenged by the upcoming Encore: Concert of Prayer. I have committed to serving as the HQ back-up the first week of the concert event. For me, this is one of those tasks that put the butterflies in my belly very actively in motion. I mean who really wants to stumble over their words or say something silly in front of hundreds of people? I think that would be most of us.

Honestly the prayer time is so challenging. I missed one day of our prayer time last year and I need to redeem myself. It's a huge commitment. Do you how many places you can find yourself at 12 noon (EDST)? From fast food restaurants to the office, dropping everything and taking time to pray can be a challenge. But well worth it. If you participated in the concert last year you know that the experience is a blessing.

God shows up every time. It's such a blessing to experience concentrated with other believers.

If you miss one concert events (like I did) check out www.wgm.org/call. I'll be posting a recording of our prayer time on the site every day.

Hope I'll get to pray with you and your family and friends at the concert. We start on Monday, September 14 with Kenya. Join me and others as Jon Steury leads us in prayer.

See you at the concert!

Kristi Crisp
The Call Editor
World Gospel Mission
www.wgm.org/call

No comments: