Sunday, September 21, 2008

9/20 - PNG and 9/21 - Hispanic Ministries USA

So, if you have been following along with my blog you've noticed that it has been a couple of days since my last post. If you recall in my "In This Issue" I shared with you that the Concert of Prayer edition had challenged me personally. I don't consider myself a prayer guru and I wondered in practicality what it would take to commit to praying 30 days at the same time for my co-workers. This weekend was my first challenge... my husband and I were able to attend a married couples retreat (at the Wesleyan Campground in Fairmount) and I knew that along with not having Internet connection, I would be participating in a pre-planned schedule so attending the Concert of Prayer could get pretty tricky. I made a commitment so by golly, I was going to give it a shot. I set the alarm on my phone, set it on vibrate and put it in my pocket in hopes that I would be able to sneak away for a few moments to pray with you all.

God is good! I was able to compete with my team in our afternoon activities on Saturday not missing a single thing and then joined you all as Tim Bennett led us in prayer for Papua New Guinea. Tim reminded us of the importance of praying for our leaders. He named the leaders of the church in PNG and asked us also to pray for Jim and Becka Johnson as they oversee operations while Tim and Diane Bennett are on Homeland Ministry Assignment.

On Sunday, things were a bit more complicated. Our morning lecture was going long, but I was enjoying myself so much I had not noticed. Suddenly sirens began going off...now, I grew up in Fairmount so I knew exactly what that meant it was 12 noon. I checked my phone and some how a button had got pushed and my reminder had not gone off. The siren was just what I needed to excuse myself and join you all in praying for Hispanic Ministries in the USA. Tim Hawk did a great job leading us in prayer for this very new field. It will be exciting to see what God has in store for this new ministry team.

Life gets complicated, but prayer is always worth making time for. Hope to see you at the Concert tomorrow as we pray for Zambia.

Kristi Crisp
Call to Prayer Editor
World Gospel Mission
www.wgmcalltoprayer.org

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sunday was more complicated for me too. I went outside and used my cell
> phone for the call. I had taken my Call for the number and after the
> service gave to someone who showed interest in the Concert. Noon is
> difficult as a time - but I suppose any time is.