Thursday, August 22, 2013

Biblical Transformation

An excerpt from...

Biblical Transformation

The benefits of using the CHE tool in South Sudan
By Joy Phillips, South Sudan
July-September 2013

Biblical TransformationWorld Gospel Mission has joined a global movement called Community Health Evangelism. Mango Ministries in South Sudan uses this tool that leads to transformed lives and communities. In 2013, we are training and mentoring nearly 75 leaders in four different areas of South Sudan.

We’ve seen exciting glimpses of transformed lives in both the spiritual and physical realms. In one CHE lesson, WGM missionary John Muehleisen explained the plan of salvation by drawing the Four Spiritual Laws illustration in the dirt, in lieu of a chalkboard. Here is a testimony from one of the participants:

“I had gone to different trainings. But this was very special. I benefited spiritually and physically. This is a lesson that I can’t ever forget. I used to believe that salvation is from my side. I was thinking that I can reach God. But when Pastor John explained to us, I realized that I was wrong. I realized that it was God who can reach to me and save me. I can’t forget this lesson all my life—never!”

Isn’t that exciting? Changing misconceptions about God is the work of the Holy Spirit. Our job is to pray. Will you join us in praying that God will continue speaking truth into the lives of the CHE leaders and turn their worlds upside down? It’s a slow process, but we believe biblical transformation holds the key to radically changed lives, families, churches, and communities. When a life is wholly submitted to God and His truth and God’s creative power is unleashed, no one can predict what amazing things God will do!


Pray for Mango Ministries!Partner with Mango Ministries through prayer. Print Pray CHE, a free prayer guide, at www.wgm.org/mango.


Learn more about CHE!Learn more about the CHE movement at www.chenetwork.org.

No comments: