Monday, May 14, 2012

Faithbooking on Facebook


An excerpt from Faithbooking on Facebook
By Ken Wade, Kenya
April-June 2012

The Internet, including social media such as Facebook, is not good or evil in itself—the use and the user determine that. In a technological world, it is my conviction that the Lord would have us not ignore, or refuse, such avenues, but adopt them and adapt them to further God’s purposes. God wants to use the tools He has given to spread the gospel.

Here is a conversation via Facebook chat with a lady named Lydia in South Sudan:

Lydia: I don’t know how I stumbled to this, but please lead me to Christ!
Ken: Ok. Can you pray with me?
Lydia: Yes.
Ken: Ok. God is speaking to you or you would not be drawn to Christ like this. I will write a prayer, then I want you to pray it sincerely. Ok?
Lydia: Yes, man of God.
Ken: Dear Heavenly Father, I know I have sinned, but I know You love me and sent Christ to die for my sins so I could be forgiven. I am sorry for my sins. Please forgive me. I give myself and my life to You right now. I turn from sin to You. I want You in my life, Lord Jesus. Please come into my heart. Be my Savior. Deliver me and heal me. Help me to serve You and obey You. I trust You now for salvation and ask for You to give me Your Spirit and the gift of faith. Thank You, Father. I pray in the name of Jesus, Your Son. Amen.
Lydia: Thank you; thank you. God bless you abundantly. I’m a new person and it’s a new dawn for me. As I prayed, I felt the presence of God. He knows my name. I love Him for His mercies and forgiveness.
Ken: Praise the Lord. He has been lifted up and drawn you to Himself! You have made a great decision; one never to be regretted and never to be forsaken. Hope you have a Bible. Start reading Gospel of John and also 1 John. Let me know. I will pray with you continually and have our prayer team join me in praying. Thank you for reaching out to me for help so I could point you to Him. Let’s stay in contact.
Lydia: Thank you, Pastor Ken. I would definitely love to meet you when I come to Kenya. I am blessed beyond anything I know. May God increase you so much. (Note: Lydia is from the part of Kenya where we live and work but is working in South Sudan.)

Let’s help people receive the truly Good News of the gospel. Networking by “faithbooking” for Jesus is not a waste of time!

No comments: