Thursday, January 17, 2013

God's Economy


By Paul ShingledeckerHaiti, with Rachel Cox, Team Participant
January-March 2013

God's Economy“Why spend $20,000 to send a work team to Haiti to build a house? The same house could be built using local labor for half that, and it would provide jobs for the Haitians as well.”

BUT

Rachel Cox would disagree. She helped build a house in Haiti with Adopt a Home, and what she discovered is worth far more than $20,000.

“I must share with you what the short-term missions trip has done in my professional life. I have been a pharmacist for 24 years. In June, I was privileged to see the poorest of the poor in Haiti. My heart was crushed - I saw my world with fresh eyes. My time in Haiti opened my eyes to the needs of the people in my world.

In God’s economy, a work team makes dollars and sense. Work teams are still needed to build homes in Haiti! Sign up today by contacting Noritta Carter at 765.671.7204 or teams@wgm.org.


No comments: