Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Where is Your Faith?


An excerpt from Where Is Your Faith?
The Gift of Using Your Talents for His Purpose
By Deb Cunningham, Support Staff
November/December 2010

Are you ready for what the Lord will show you through cross-cultural service? Is the Lord whispering or even shouting at you to step out of your comfort zone? For me, it simply took my sister-in-law asking if I would be interested in going to Bolivia with her on a women’s work team. The Lord spoke through her by encouraging me to serve on this team. In the words from Isaiah 6:8 (NLT), “Then I heard the Lord asking, ‘Whom should I send as a messenger to this people? Who will go for us?’ I said, ‘Here I am. Send me.’”

Have you considered what God-given talents the Lord may be directing you to release through a cross-cultural experience? What excuses or justifications are you presenting to the Lord in defense of answering His call? Opportunities are available for any age, any skill, and anyone. God only requires that we be obedient. As Jesus asked of the disciples when they were in the boat after calming the waves in the lake in Luke 8, “Where is your faith?” Trust in Him and He will provide the resources, skills, and blessing through your obedience.

No comments: