Monday, November 8, 2010

The Gifts Inside an Internship


An excerpt from The Gifts inside an Internship
By Savanah Nisbett, Volunteers In Action Participant, Hungary
November/December 2010

On the hunt for a journalism internship for college credit, I stumbled upon WGM’s writing internship. I was excited about writing for a Christ-centered group and the possibility of doing the internship in another country. As the process unfolded, I decided Jesus was leading me to be at home in Arkansas for the summer. I was sad to not be serving internationally, but I knew God was at work in that decision.

Through my internship with WGM, I discovered that I loved writing about other cultures and issues that transcend national borders. I realized that my passion for writing is multiplied when it includes my passion for people of other cultures. This internship shaped my career plans through a personal realization that I desire to write about “big” things. Writing for WGM provided me a phenomenal outlet to achieve this, but I still had a desire to serve with them internationally.

ACT: Journalism internships are still available. To apply for a WGM internship, visit www.wgm.org/internships.

No comments: