Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The Enemy Attacks on All Fronts

The Enemy Attacks on All Fronts


By Chrissy Greenwell, Missionary, Mexico
January-March 2015

The Enemy Attacks on All Fronts
Moving day had arrived. What an exciting time to move into a new area of ministry! The previous four months had been filled with activity and many struggles. Thank you to all who prayed. I needed your prayer support!

Isaiah 43:1-2 has taken on more meaning for me in this transition. Since moving to Villa Hidalgo, I’ve confronted many problems; yet, I know these verses to be true. The Lord has “called me by name” and I am His. I trust in His protection and provision for what is to come. Without your support, this ministry will not grow. Will others join me in prayer?

Let me give you an idea of what I have encountered in these last months. One major detail to be finished on the house I rented was the covering for the skylight. Some thought I was crazy for leaving my belongings in the house and traveling, but I knew God would protect everything…and He did. Once the skylight was in place, the rains came. Sadly, the newly installed covering didn’t work and I had a waterfall in my hall. That added to the water coming in through the back door. As I looked at what was happening, frustration set in. However, as I gave the situation over to God, I could hear His words, “When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown.”  His promise is reassuring.

A few weeks later, while making breakfast for some guests, the flame on the stove consumed the skillet for a few seconds. Odd, but I figured it was the end of the gas in the stationary tank on the roof. At that moment, the gas truck was in front of my house, so I asked the workers to fill the tank. A few minutes later, I heard shouts that something was wrong on the roof. The regulator for the tank had completely frozen. I learned that it was a miracle the gas pipes hadn’t exploded! So much pressure was coming out of the tank that the pipes shouldn’t have held. Again, I saw God’s hand of protection. Do you see the impact your prayers have?

Isaiah wrote, “When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up” (43:2 TLB). I’m thankful there wasn’t an explosion, but looking at the phrase “fire of oppression,” I believe that is what I’m facing here in Villa Hidalgo. Too many strange things happen, like flat tires, mechanical problems with my car, and more, practically every day. It has been difficult, but the enemy will not gain the victory!

Make a difference on your knees.
PRAY: We all need to encourage and lift one another up in prayer, as well as challenge and spur one another on as members of the body of Christ. Are you actively involved in the role God has called you to play? Download How to Pray for Missionaries at www.wgm.org/pray-for-missionaries.

No comments: