Monday, November 19, 2012

Deputation Travels

An excerpt from Deputation Travels


Building partnerships for the missionary journey
By Eileen McGuire, Retiree
October-December 2012

Deputation TravelsI arrived at Southwest Indian School on July 31, 1960. I cannot begin to tell you all the things that I learned in my 45 years of serving there, but I loved teaching the Indian children. There were definitely some bumps in the road, but it is not my practice to nourish negative emotions.

I loved meeting people as I traveled on deputation (now called homeland ministry assignment). It amazed me how loving, kind, and helpful these precious individuals and churches were.

As I traveled, I would arrive at the home where I was told that I’d share the evening meal. Often these people were complete strangers, but in a very short time we were conversing because we were in the same family—the family of God.

As each deputation came around, I looked forward to seeing these devoted supporters just as much as they looked forward to seeing their missionary.

I’m so glad that God can trust His people to do His work around the world. I know that God blesses all obedient giving and that He provides both the joy for strength and the provisions for ministry. I want to say “thank you” for your involvement in reaching the lost. Your work has not been in vain.


ACT: Missionaries are still traveling on homeland ministry assignment today. If you are interested in inviting a missionary to speak in your church about their ministry, contact Tara Mast at church@wgm.org or 765.671.7244.

No comments: