Friday, November 11, 2011

Power of the Church


Do You Believe…In the Power of the Church?
By Andrea Williamson, Student Involvement, Ohio Christian University
October–December 2011

I want to tell you about the best Christmas story I’ve heard in a long time. It involves Steve (my dear friend in Kenya who is more like a brother to me) and my church family at University Church on the campus of Ohio Christian University in Circleville, Ohio. Steve’s teenage son, Tim, suffers from bilateral keratoconus, an eye disease that causes blindness.

Before learning about my 3-year-old daughter Rebecca’s arrival into our family, I was planning a trip to Kenya. After finding out I was expecting, my plans changed. Instead of raising funds for trip expenses, I was raising funds to help Tim receive his first corneal transplant. The Lord provided miraculously for him; he received the first transplant in 2008. I knew then that Tim was the reason God had me not go to Kenya.

On December 29, Tim received his second corneal transplant and had the sutures removed from the first transplant. He even walked out of the recovery room on his own.

Each time I talk to Steve, he can’t say “thank you” enough. God used His people at University Church to answer a father’s prayer for his son. “It’s as if a heavy weight has been lifted from my shoulders,” Steve told me, his voice bubbling over with joy.

God can use your church family in missions this year. Ask your friends, your small group, or your pastor to partner with you in restoring sight to many more in Sudan in honor of Tim. Your gift of $150 will restore the sight of a Sudanese individual at an Eye Care Clinic and will give them a chance to hear about the One who opened the eyes of the blind.

ACT: Send your offering to WGM at the address listed below. Write project #25791-CALL on the memo line of your check. Thanks for blessing others like Tim with the gift of sight!

World Gospel Mission
P.O. Box 948
Marion, IN 46952-0948

No comments: